COVID-19 Support Room
If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it visit NHS 111 online coronavirus service for advice.
Well-being while staying at home
Taking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visit NHS Every Mind Matters for advice, practice advice and support groups.
Find more information about the Qwell counselling service here: Qwell counselling
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support.
Looking after yourself during the COVID-19 outbreak
To stay fit and healthy whilst at home, try the NHS Home workout videos.
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan – Cancer and coronavirus
- Asthma UK – What to do if you have asthma
- Blood Cancer UK – Information for people affected by blood cancer
- Diabetes UK – Coronavirus and diabetes
- Kidney Care UK – Guidance for patients with kidney disease
The government is sending out letters to over 70s to offer to book for vaccine in non GP sites. we will also be contacting you in the next two weeks to book you into our site. There are now two initiatives for the vaccine.
How to access your COVID-19 vaccination status
Covid Vaccination Medical Exemptions
For more information, please visit www.covid19.glos.nhs.uk/vaccinations.
Please view the Covid-19 Vaccination Update 27/01/2021 for an update on how the rollout is going.
For more information please see these Public Health England leaflets:
- Why do I have to wait for my vaccine?
- Covid-19 Vaccine – A guide for adults
- Covid-19 Vaccine – What to expect
- What to expect after vaccination (multiple languages)
- A Guide to Covid-19 vaccination – All women of childbearing age, those currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- First phase priority groups (PDF)
- Historic moment for Aspen as our first patients receive the Covid vaccine
- Easy Read update for members
- What to expect at one of our Covid Vaccination Clinics – Video
Advice for Vulnerable Patients
- COVID-19: Oxygen Monitoring
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
- How to get support for extremely critical vulnerable person
- Advice for people at higher risk – those who are 70 or older, are pregnant or have a condition that increases the risks from coronavirus.
- Pregnancy advice
- Advice for parents during coronavirus
- Age UK – A Summary of Local Information and Services in Gloucestershire
Some people will need further medical follow-up after COVID. We have some national guidance to direct your follow up care.