Describe your job role
- Supporting nurses and training doctors with patients
- Signing repeat prescriptions
- Supporting district nurses with any issues and drug charts
- Speaking to patients or family members who may need a visit
- Contacting patients who have tested positive for Covid to provide monitoring and clinical support
- Supporting care navigators with urgent queries
- Supporting prescription team and clinical pharmacists
- Speaking to paramedics or care home staff about patients who are unwell
- Juggling rotas if staff are unwell on the day and clinics need to be rescheduled
- Dealing with test results and hospital letters
How would you describe a typical day?
- Busy and high pressured, often juggling multiple issues at once
- working nonstop from 7am –until at least 7pm
- Often no time for a lunch break
What do you enjoy about your job?
- Speaking to patients and their families
- Supporting other members of the Aspen team and the wider community team
What challenges do you face in your role?
- Managing increased demand on limited resources
- Not having a break to clear your head
- Wanting to have more members in Team Aspen
What advice would you give to patients?
- It can be helpful to write notes about your symptoms to remind you
- Use eConsult when you can
- Please give as much information to the care navigators – it helps me to help them
- Understand that we must prioritise patients who are unwell and need urgent attention over routine non urgent requests due to increased demand