Describe your job role
- I lead and work alongside the medicine’s management team, which consists of prescription clerks and pharmacists.
- Together we ensure that all prescriptions requests are issued, answer medication queries, complete medication reviews and make treatment recommendations.
How would you describe a typical day?
- I have an appointment list of medication queries and medication reviews, for some patients it may require a change in their medications by either starting or stopping a medication depending on their requirements. I work with patients to ensure that they are getting the best from their medications, this may involve advising that they reduce or wean off certain high-risk medications.
- Myself and my team, work with the other teams in the practice to ensure hospital letters are answered or to help receptionists answer queries.
- Throughout the rest of the day, I would generally ensure that my senior manager duties are performed and ensure my team are working to set NHS guidance.
What do you enjoy about your job?
- I enjoy the varied nature of my job, interactions with patients and being able to help them as much as I can.
What challenges do you face in your role?
- The increased demand from our patient population after the pandemic, it’s really hard to ensure every patient gets the service they deserve but we try out hardest to ensure that no one feels abandoned and everyone is helped.
What advice would you give to patients?
- Look after your health, don’t wait to check things out with a healthcare professional.
- Take your prescribed medications regularly and if you can’t then please ask for a review.