Describe your job role
- Seeing adults and children with infectious conditions
How would you describe a typical day?
- Seeing patients along side another doctor at Tuffley Surgery where the hot hub is located
- We wear full PPE to keep us and patients safe
- Treating patients who can be safely manged at home, sometimes with medication
- Admitting patients to hospital or the Rapid Response team if they are very unwell
- Helping the duty team with prescriptions
- Dealing with test results and hospital letters
What do you enjoy about your job?
- Speaking to patients and their families
- Making sure patients get the help and treatment that they need
What challenges do you face in your role?
- It is hot working in PPE
- Sometimes if the rapid response team who can support patients at home are full we have to decide if a hospital admission is needed instead
What advice would you give to patients?
- Please have your mobile phone on – we will call you before we come and get you from your car, to get as much history remotely
- Please wear a face covering if you can and ask anyone with you to wear one too
- Please don’t park across other residents’ driveways