We appreciate it can be distressing to be unable to visit your loved one in hospital. As a result, we have introduced a number of measures to help and support you at this time:
- All wards in our hospitals have access to iPads, so if you are unable to visit you can still have contact with your relative. Staff are happy to support this with the consent of the patient where possible. Please contact the Patient Support Service Hub (contact details below) who can help to arrange this.
- If you wish to email photographs, letters or messages to your family member, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be printed and taken to your relative.
- Drop in belongings for your loved ones, such as clean clothes to go home, toiletries, or phone chargers in emergencies.
Locations and timings of drop off points are:
- Cheltenham General Hospital, Pillars entrance, Monday to Sunday, 11am to 1pm.
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, outside the Chapel in the Tower Block, weekdays, 11am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm, and weekends 11am to 1pm.
Please ensure the patient’s name, date of birth and their ward are clearly marked on the bag and only leave belongings with our volunteer and never leave any bags unattended.
It’s open 7.30am to 10pm on weekdays and 7.30am to 7pm on weekends and bank holidays.