Work With Us
Partner/Salaried GP or ANP
Sessions available 4-8
Aspen Medical Practice is a Primary Care Network (PCN) and take full advantage of the additional resources this brings. We have 30,000 patients and cover 3 sites. We have a large and growing team of doctors and a strong multi-disciplinary approach to providing high quality care. Our size gives us the opportunity to be at the forefront of change and to adopt new technology and diagnostics to better serve the needs of our patient population. We have an new purpose built health centre as our main site and have 2 smaller branch surgeries.
We would like to offer you:
- Variety across your Week.
- 15 minute face to face appointments as standard.
- A highly supportive and responsive team environment with a protected induction and mentoring support from our experienced GPs to help guide your career development.
- Proactive use of eConsult, Footfall and accuRX.
- Indemnity cover provided.
- Team atmosphere.
- Monthly Protected Learning time as a Team.
- PPE above PHE minimum to keep clinicians and patients safe.
- Active encouragement to develop additional skills and specialist clinical interests, or representative roles the CCG, RCGP or LMC
We are developing a new clinical model for the delivery of primary care based on:
- Our own Covid-19 Hot Hub at branch Surgery where we control who is seen where.
- Safeguarding, Frailty and Palliative MDTs in house and Community Matron lead Frailty service.
- Clinical Pharmacist team leading on medicines management and prescription flow.
- Full time team of Results Nurses managing chronic disease blood results and medication monitoring.
- Home visits done by Visiting ANP/GP (no routine visits for the other GPs unless a patient is a palliative patient with you as their primary physician).
- Minor surgery, Dermatology, Joint Injections, Diabetes and LARC Specialist clinics
- In house Eat Real Food patient education approach to diabetes and metabolic syndrome management.
- Lifestyle Medicine approach.
- Nursing Homes covered by named GPs.
- Opportunities for varied nGMS work.
- Training of Med students, F2s, ST doctors and allied professionals (PAs, Pharmacists, Nurses)
- RCGP Green Practice.
The only constant in General Practice is change. We don’t believe the future of General Practice looks like 2 surgery sessions per day with visits at lunchtime. Every. Day. Forever.
Please come to visit us if you are interested by contacting Dr Hasib Khalid (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the practice to arrange an informal chat.
Position for Salaried Doctor / GP Partner 2-8 sessions available
Aspen Medical Practice are looking for a friendly, motivated and enthusiastic GP who values good patient care and supportive colleagues.
Aspen Medical Practice is a forward thinking and dynamic practice with a young Partnership who are not afraid to innovate and try new ventures. Our goal is to take the stress out of General Practice and bring back the enjoyment and satisfaction of Primary Care.
We have a diverse demographic of 30,000 patients and make up our own Primary Care Network. Our team is made up of supportive GPs, ANPs, Clinical Pharmacists and amazing nurses who manage our chronic disease.
We are passionate about self-care and patient empowerment and have our own Eat Real Food education programme which has helped many diabetic and prediabetics go into remission and improve their lifestyle.
Training is really important to us – we have multiple trainees and run regular tutorials for non-medical prescribers as well as our in-house monthly protected training time. Although we are all generalists, there are specialist clinics run inhouse for skin clinic, minor surgery, diabetes, joint injections and womens health clinics and also have GPs with special interests in Learning Disabilities. We also take an active part in the Primary Care Research Network Learn more about us at www.aspenmedicalprac4ce.nhs.uk & www.eatrealfood.uk.
As a member of our team you will:
- Have 7 weeks of annual leave pro rata to include a week of study leave.
- Receive a competitive sessional rate with indemnity and GMC fees paid.
- Never be “the sole Duty Doctor” – working within a partner-led team.
- Be part of a training practice and encouraged to expand into becoming a Clinical or Educational supervisor if interested.
- Benefit from proactive workload management using pharmacists, administrators and results nurses (who manage all chronic disease bloods) resulting in reduced admin burden.
- Benefit from an amazing Frailty team who proactively improve care for our elderly frail patients.
- Have no home visits unless they are your palliative patient or you are the visiting doctor for the day.
- Benefit from inhouse specialists and have the opportunity for you to develop these skills yourself.
Please contact Dr Hasib Khalid (email@example.com) to arrange for an informal chat and visit.