Work with Us
GP– variety of sessions available
Aspen Medical Practice are looking to expand our team, with a new friendly, motivated and enthusiastic GP who values patient care and works well within the practice as a Salaried Doctor or Salaried with a view to Partnership
About us: Aspen Medical Practice is a Primary Care Network and individual practice with 30,000 patients.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic practice with a young Partnership who are not afraid to innovate and try new ventures. Our goal is to take the stress out of General Practice and bring back the enjoyment and satisfaction of Primary Care.
We are a friendly team who meet regularly for work and social events and have monthly protected learning time within the practice including an “Eat Real Food” lunch.
As a salaried doctor you will:
- Be working with friendly and supportive colleagues who look out for each other with excellent back up from our non-clinical teams.
- Have mentoring support available.
- Have 7 weeks of annual leave pro rata to include a week of study leave.
- Have indemnity and GMC fees paid.
- Be using Emis system.
- Be part of a training practice and we are happy to develop doctors who wish to expand into becoming Clinical and Educational Supervisors.
- Benefit from In-house results nurses, resulting in no chronic disease bloods to manage.
- Not be required to do any insurance Reports and letters.
- Have minimal Docman due to workflow optimisation and paperless systems.
- Have low levels of prescriptions due to team of Clinical Pharmacists and Prescription clerks.
- Benefit from a robust recall systems and Significant Event Analysis..
- Have a low level of telephone consultations – only for patients you have seen and need follow up (four per clinic).
- Benefit from our Frailty Matron and team of Social Prescriber and Community Frailty Practitioner.
- Have continuity of care for palliative patients with a named doctor system
- Have no home visits unless they are your palliative patient or you are the visiting doctor for the day
- Benefit from having named GPs covering their own Nursing Homes.
- Be working with the Hot (duty team) led by a partner each day, either as visiting doctor, extended hours clinic or helping with on the day queries only. You will never be “the sole Duty Doctor” seen in traditional practices due to our forward thinking hot and cold splits
- Benefit from Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Physicians Associates.
- Be able to refer to in-house specialists for dermatology, minor surgery, diabetes, women’s health and joint injections – and able to develop these skills yourself if you wish
- Benefit from our Eat real food programme which helps patients to improve their diabetes and pre diabetes often into remission though food and wellbeing
- Work in modern and well designed and updated premises across three sites.
- Have the option to explore partnership in the future when and if you are ready
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal visit.
We are looking for a new member for our Results Nurse Team
Aspen Medical Practice are looking for a new member for their Results Nurse Team.
You will be:
- Part of a well established team of currently four members including a team lead.
- You will have excellent clincial support from your team lead, GP lead and supervising GP of the day and clinical pharmamcist.
- Given initial and ongoing training with daily supervision.
- Given comprehensive protocols to follow.
- You will have excellent support from our Operations and Finance teams.
- Processing blood, urine and swab tests and results promptly and efficiently as they arrive electronically.
- Arranging follow-up and recalls for patients if needed either on phone, text or with a member of the clinical team face to face.
- Counsel patients regarding their test results if further investigations or changes in management are needed.
- Ensure ICE forms are ready for any repeat tests unless part of annual review or ad hoc diary dates.
- Identify abnormal results which need GP follow up- either urgently that day by Duty Doctor if requesting clinician is not in that day, or by requesting clinician.
- Complete and set up new diary dates for high risk drugs which are being monitored.
- Complete and set up diary dates for gestational diabetes, PSA monitoring and MGUS.
- Prescribe medications such as B12 injections, statins, thyroxine and antibiotics or request that the Clinical Pharmacists does if not a non-medical prescriber.
- Complete audits around improving patient care – for example patients with previous hematuria audits.
We are looking for:
- Healthcare background – ideally Nurse, Advanced Nurse Practioner, Physician Associate. We would also accept application from Health Care Assistants with a desire to progress.
- Confident with phone consultations with patients to disucss results and advise on lifestyle or medication changes.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Systematic approach to tasks with attention to detail.
- Be clinically curious and willing to embrace new knowledge and new ways of working.
- IT literate with Microsoft Word/Excel and ideally use of EMIS and AccuRX.
- A team player with good documenation and communication with patients, carers and staff.
- Flexible hours a week split over a 2-3 working days (8.30-6.30pm) – Monday to Friday.
Please apply or contact for an informal discussion to Dr Nicky Wilson or Team Lead, Morag Brown: