Receptionists are now referred to as Patient Navigators as they have received extra training to support them in guiding you to the most appropriate clinician.
Please give them some basic information (you do not need to go into any significant detail) as that will assist them in giving you the most appropriate appointment. Your information, as always, remains strictly confidential.
When you telephone the Practice – there will be three menu options:
Option 1 – Appointments, Telephone Advice and Home Visit Requests; also Sick Note Renewals, Results and any Other Queries
- It will help enormously if you are able to say up front whether you wish to have an appointment, receive telephone advice or require a home visit.
- Please do let the Patient Navigator know if you are uncertain.
- All home visit requests are triaged by the duty clinical team.
Option 2 – Prescription Issues or Problems with Medication
- If you have any problems with your prescriptions or if you are concerned about side-effects from medication, please choose this option.
- We have a Prescriptions Team headed by a Clinical Pharmacist who will be able to deal with any queries relating to medication problems.
- Please note that all prescription requests will take three working days to process – please refer to the separate Prescription Requests document titled Medicines Matter.
- If you are calling regarding prescription queries, please note this line is only open until 15:30.
Option 3 – Referrals Queries
- If the clinician you have already seen has made a referral to the hospital and there are any problems with the appointment, please choose this option as this will take you directly to the secretarial team.
- There will be no point asking to speak to the doctor again as these are administrative issues.
Please note that in order to access appointments or telephone consultations during the day, you will be required to give very brief information about the problem to the Patient Navigator.
Please note that you are not required to give lots of details about the problems. All our Patient Navigators treat all information as strictly confidential. If you do not wish to give any information to the Patient Navigator, you will only have the option of a routine appointment or routine telephone consultation.