Infant Feeding Policy
- Mothers are allowed to breastfeed or bottle feed their baby in the waiting room as they wish.
- If a mother feels she needs a private space there is an infant feeding room on the ground floor next to the baby change room at Aspen Medical practice or a spare room may be available at Saintbridge Surgery and Tuffley Surgery.
- Non judgemental support must be offered to all mothers regarding feeding, however they wish to feed their baby.
- Assumptions should not be made about how a baby is fed.
- Health Care Professionals know where to direct clinical and medication queries to if they do not know – Dr Nicky Wilson Infant Feeding Lead GP, Infant Feeding lead Health Visitor Emma Cronin-Preece and resources on G-CARE.
- Health Care Professionals know how to direct mothers to what support is available locally – detailed on Aspen Medical Practice website.
Alternatively you can download a pdf copy of our policy.